Sunday, August 22, 2004

Drats!

Mood: frustrated.

I had a whole entry done this evening, complete with picture to match, and it disappeared somewhere into cyber space. Some poor person in Central America, or perhaps Central Asia  will suddenly find my entry and wonder who on earth Margo is. Or maybe, some time in the future it will fetch up on some other planet, and the inhabitants will try to figure out the human race from my few paragraphs, god forbid.

Actually, I am so computer illiterate that I cannot even upload pictures into my ftp space with the help of a tutorial! It's lucky I can post at all. I am quite convinced that inside my computer there are a bunch of little men who write on the screen backwards while I type(no problem because I type so slowly). When I am ready to send, they blow the words down one of the many wires I don't understand behind my computer, and as the entry emerges into cyberspace some other little men(lots and lots of them) suck really hard to download my words onto other peoples' computers.It almost sounds obscene.

I still am working on a theory about how graphics emerge and disappear.When this becomes clear to me, I'll let you know!

Margo

artwork  from home19.inet.tele.dk/ rasbolding/WilliamGibson.htm

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The same thing happened to me yesterday.  Think it's a conspiracy? LOL  Pennie

Anonymous said...

I highly recommend typing your entry in a Word document or something similar and then copying and pasting.  I would have it no other way.  It I had to type my gibberish in an open window, I would be a nervous wreck.  It is already enough stress typing comments in an open window, especially since we cannot edit them.  I gave up on my AOL pictures; I got a free account from photobucket.com.  The only problem is, they will only accept new accounts because of traffic between 10 pm and 2 am Mountain Time, so depending on your schedule it may be hard to catch them.  I must say it is so must easier now with photos, the only problem left is buying a digital camera.  LOL!

Anonymous said...

You think YOU'RE 'computer illiterate'!  Well, I tried to use my scanner to make a grillrd cheese sandwich!
As ofr your entry vanishing into cyber-space;  I think it's gone to the same place my socks go to when they're  in the dryer.

Great journal!

Anonymous said...

I like using word for entries when I have a topic, but most of my entries are stream of consciousness - lol.

Give photobucket a try.....it's quite fun :)