Sunday, April 8, 2007

Made It to Colorado!

Well, I arrived at my parents' house outside Denver at 1:30 AM, which is 3:30 CT time, then sat up for another hour talking with my mother who (naturally) was up and waiting for me. Just like old times! I finally fell into bed at 2:30(3:30AM CT time), and read for about 30 seconds before I passed out.

This morning I was willing to take under consideration that I might not have been up to the journey I took yesterday. I could barely get out of bed! Everything hurts, legs, arms, back shoulders, and head. But I feel triumphant! I made it! I ordered wheelchairs to go from one place or another, I sat in first class for the longer of the two flights (one of the people helping me board stuck me there, and there I stayed, even though I confessed to the first class flight attendant that I was a second class ticket holder). The food was good-I've never flown in first class before. It is nice, I will say!

My mother is full of errands and activities for me, with my father offering to drive. No thanks. Not one of his children or grandchildren, or great-grandchild(Myla) will ride in a car with him, which is the major reason they are moving to a retirement community-so he can give up the car. I want to add that every year he passes his drivers test, because he is concentrating. It is when he is out on the roads of this very busy, confusing area that he has a tendency not to concentrate. Come fall, his license will be suspended by the eldest of his three children-me, alas. My siblings assigned me the job, but promise support. We'll see.

The most exciting thing is that Mom and I will be going to Taos, NM, Goddess willing and her health hold up! It is one of the most beautiful places, and she loves it because she spent summers there in the '30's and 40's. It is also the place that she fell off a horse, had her arm set wrong, got gangrene, and eventually had it amputated. I'll tell the story in it's full, family folkloric version some other time.

In Taos, we drool over everything from paintings to jewelry to pottery to Taos Mountain itself, sacred to the Tiwa Tribe, many of whom are still pueblo dwellers. I can't wait!

I'm going down for a nap now, but will try to keep updating as I can.

Blessings, Margo



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Margo, glad you made it there safely Hope you and your mom have a great time in Taos, Big Big Hugs Lisa

Anonymous said...

OH i bet you are tired. Dont over do it

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely time with your parents.  Hope your aches and pains fade away a bit.  Hugs, Terry x

Anonymous said...

REST.......and then rest a little more. Travel in any form is tiring.  Enjoy Taos.  I took the back road there from Santa Fe, ended up in a very forelorn place, but it was fun. The air is so perfect there. If you see Julia Roberts and her twins, wave!  Anne

Anonymous said...

There's a certain kind of exhilaration that comes with that kind of fatigue -- just don't overdo it.  

Russ

Anonymous said...

Good to hear all is well. Pace yourself and have a fabulous time!!!!


Deb

Anonymous said...

Yeah, skip the car journey with your Dad but enjoy everything else. I hope they put you in first class on the way back too!
Gaz oxo

Anonymous said...

I really, really  hope that you are enjoying your time there.  You needed the break in scenery, everything really.  Taos is a place one of my best friends is considering buying property in, I've heard it's really beautiful.  Enjoy yourself my friend and drink in the Goddess's energy that is ample there. Hugz, Teresa

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your trip and your time with your parents! And good luck getting your father off the road, sounds like it is probably time.

Anonymous said...

I want you to have the best trip possible!

Anonymous said...

If you pass St. Anthony's Hospital, wave. I was born there.  And don't you think the area between Denver and New Mexico is the next great 2nd home boom area in the nation?